NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOL SUPERINTENDENTS
198th Annual Fall Conference
September 17-18, 2015
The Cape Codder
What's Trending: The Superintendent and Future-Focused Leadership.
Shifting Demographics, Globalization, Ingenuity and Innovation, Ethics, the very Purpose of Education: these are just some of the developments confronting our schools and school systems. These are also some of the trends to be covered at the 198th Annual Fall Conference of the New England Association of School Superintendents which will be held on September 17 and 18, 2015, at the Cape Codder in Hyannis, MA. The conference theme is What’s Trending: The Superintendent and Future-Focused Leadership, and the conference is being sponsored in conjunction with the New England School Development Council (NESDEC). Massachusetts is the host state for the 198th NEASS Conference, and 2015 NEASS Co-Presidents Robert Gerardi (Maynard) and Thomas Lynch (Berkley) will be presiding. Our main speaker will be Gary Marx, author of 21 Trends for the 21st Century.
During Thursday’s session, Gary Marx will provide an overview of 21 Trends, focusing on trends that New England Superintendents have identified as most pressing and impactful. Marx will also offer some guiding questions and tools for analyzing these trends. Following his presentation there will be guided breakout sessions examining in-depth the major trends and their implications for New England school districts and schools. Thursday evening will feature the Annual Banquet and the presentation of the Alice Duckworth Achievement in Education Award, the Lincoln Lynch Career Achievement Award, and the NEASS President’s Award.
Friday will be devoted to a summary of Thursday’s findings, followed by a key note address by Gary Marx on Future-Focused Leadership and the implications for today’s and tomorrow’s superintendents.
For more information on the conference and registration please visit http://www.neass.net
· Method for booking guest room reservations: Individual Call ins 888 297 2200
· Online Booking Code NEAS0915
· Reservations are due no later than August 17, 2015. A deposit of one night’s room rate plus occupancy tax is required per room to confirm reservations. The Cape Codder Resort & Spa accepts American Express, MasterCard and Visa.
· Individuals reserving their guest rooms may use our toll free number: 888-297-2200, or use the online booking procedure as outlined below. When calling, guests must identify themselves as part of the New England Association of School Superintendents in order to receive the preferred group rates.
· To Reserve Online:
· Go to www.capecodderresort.com. Scroll to bottom right of home page where the “Online Reservations” box appears
· Enter Arrival Date, days, adults, children in the boxes indicated
· In the “CODE” box, enter group code NEAS0915
· Click on “Check Availability”
· Your special group rate will appear
· Click on “Book Now” to continue reservation process
· Rooming List is due no later than August 17, 2015.
· Any rooms not picked up by the cut-off date of August 17, 2015 will be released for general sale. At that time New England Association of School Superintendents will not be held responsible for the remaining guest rooms. Rooms requested thereafter are subject to availability and rack rate will apply unless otherwise indicated.
· Advance deposits are refundable for individual cancellations received at least 14 days prior to guest arrival date. Please make sure your attendees are aware of this policy. Cancellation of a reservation within 14 days of arrival, or failure to check in on the scheduled arrival date, will be charged a penalty of one night’s room rate plus tax. An early departure is considered a cancellation. If any group member decides to shorten the length of their stay within 14 days of arrival, the penalty of one night’s room rate plus tax will apply.